Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cloth Diapering? Me?

So, whilst I was prego I would go into baby stores and people would ask me "Will you be cloth diapering"? I would politely say no but, in my mind I was yelling "NO WAY"! I would register for items with my mom and she would suggest that I put a few cloth diapers on my list because "you never know" and I did so to appease her. You see, I was the type who said I would never bring the baby into the bed with the hubby and myself. I wasn't going to hold "spoil" him by giving in to his every whim. When someone wanted to hold him I was going to be happy to let them do so. And I certainly was NOT going to mess with some messy cloth diapers!

However, once I held that little guy everything changed. I brought him to our bed when things got ruff... sometimes it's all you can do to catch some zzzz's. ;) I have "spoiled" him by holding him pretty much all the time. He's just too cute! I have to cuddle. Although now he is more independent. Now that he is rolling around on the floor (he's gonna be crawling any day now I can see it in the way he's been pulling his legs up. Yay!) he is beginning to get diaper rash on the insides of his legs. I have decided to pull the trigger and make an attempt at cloth diapering.

I have been researching for the past three days! Reading, pricing, watching YouTube... there is so much to take in! So many brands, types, styles. I finally ordered some supplies on Amazon and I am going tomorrow to get a couple more things. I am really hopeful. It actually seems to be quite easy. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Have a great week!
<3 Rhiannon

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm so excited to cloth diaper...but first I need a baby :P

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete